Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Worst Nightmare

I have got some serious problems lately which I consider it as my worst nightmare.

As you all know, I do sing. But lately, I feel that I can't sing as well as before. I was really down for the past few days. I really lost my voice. My falsseto and my ability to sing high notes, they are all gone. Even keeping my singing on pitch is a problem. I do not know what had happen but it happened. "sad....."

Today I went to my hall's office to pay for my vacation stay. Jackie, the hall's clerk, (who always call me Nicholas because she could not differentiate the both of us) was quite "high" when she sees me at the office. I ask if I could pay it now, even though it's quite late already (office closing soon). She says it's ok. She then asked for my name and room number. Before I could speak a word, she suddenly say, "You are Chun Keat, right?" I was quite taken aback. Why is she so high? Then she continued saying, "You are Chun Keat, the one who sings very well, I heard from other hall-ers that you can sing very well one right?" I just said thank you and left.

Once I heard that statement I have mixed feelings deep inside me. In a way I was happy, but then I am struggling at this point of time with my singing. It is really bad. I could not believe myself also. I suddenly feel so lousy.

I do not know what has happen to me? Is it because of lack of sleep or lack of practice. But then this scenario never happen before in my life. I never sung this bad ever since secondary school. I should be getting better, not worse.

Actually I tried to record my newly written songs but my voice sucks lately. So I gave up. Maybe I'll put it up in the future. Until my singing skills get better.

Tomorrow I will put up a song which I wrote years ago. It is quite an interesting song, which I wrote when I was struggling whether to chase after the girl I was interested with at one point of my secondary life.

Be sure to check it out tomorrow!

2 comments:

Search

Custom Search