Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008 - Kick start of "www.life-lee.blogspot.com"

Merry Christmas!!!

Greetings to everyone! I am so excited. This is the first time I actually tried blogging.

First and foremost a little bit about myself. My name is Chun Keat, 20 years old now. I am a Penangite. Right now I am studying in National University of Singapore majoring in Life Sciences, currently still year 1. My interest is to sing and act. Not so much of mere singing and acting but more precisely, I like to express my thoughts through singing and acting.

So what is Christmas?

Christmas to me is the most meaningful day in my life. It is a day of hope, joy and love.
Besides Christmas trees, Santa Claus, Christmas carols, Christmas is actually a celebration of the birth of Christ, Jesus Christ. There is no coincident that Christmas is named after Jesus Christ but it is Christ which was the main reason why Christmas existed.

Just a little bit of sharing, this is actually the first time I celebrated Christmas here in Singapore and it was fantastic. Yesterday was Christmas eve and I celebrated it in City Harvest Church in Singapore EXPO. (Which better place to celebrate Christmas than in church where true Christmas is celebrated there. ^^)

There was a candle light service where the lights of the whole EXPO hall were switched off and the senior pastor of the church (Pastor Kong) lights up his own candle and then pass the candle light to others on the floor. When everyone passes the candle light from the front to the back of the hall, it was a sight to behold. Not to mention it was a touching moment where we can see that even a small candle light can light up the whole hall so brightly. A tiny flickering light can overcome darkness. The same applies when we have the light in our lives, the darkness in our lives will be overcome as well.




Photos of the candle light service in City Harvest Church.

So how to attain the light which will bring hope, love and joy into lives of people? Here I would like to share a video I made with my friends on the True Meaning of Christmas. Hope you all enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Custom Search