Wednesday, December 31, 2008

阿笨的故事 ( The Untold Story ) - Song Review

First of all, I would like to explain the lyrics of the song in English instead of just direct translating them.

1st Verse -

There was once a guy whose name was Ah Ben who led a very simple life. During his teenage years, he fell in love with a girl, and this is what he is struggling with in his mind

1st Chorus -

"Should I go after her or should I just stop thinking about her.
Why not I just bravely tell her that, "I love you, but I know you have no feelings for me. But still I will always love you until the end"

2nd Verse -

Ah Ben has a very close friend whose name was Ah Huan. When Ah Ben is very down he will look for Ah Huan and the both of them will hang around just to make Ah Ben feel good again.

2nd Chorus -

"How can I put away all these sadness and pain. I do not want to continue being so shag and letting my shagginess affect my life. Should I let her go or should I not? I really hope this misery will end soon, so that I can regain peace of mind."

(I hope you g
uys understand the translation above)

This song if you noticed is a lot different than any other songs you might heard before. Firstly, this song (as clearly mentioned in the title of the song) resembles a story being told in the form of a song. There is no repetition between the first and second verse or chorus.

I wrote this song during the period when I was interested in a girl in the same class as me. Known her since 15 years old but happen to be in th,e same class again in high school. I did not know what happen to me but during that time I was feeling very down everyday when I see her in school. I would always tell my friends that she is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life. But what made me sad is that she is always there with her friend chatting about another guy whom she like a lot and she claim her feelings for him as "love at first sight".

I guess the lyrics of the song says it all. Incredibly I am able to put all my feelings into that simple song that I composed.

Anyway, luckily I was not attached to her, or else I will regret. I guess love is really blind. A year after that when I finally got her away from my mind, I realized she was just an average girl. Not that beautiful as I thought her to be. LOL.. "I very bad huh?"

By the way, I realized that I tend to write sad love songs. I do not know why but I guess it's my nature. I tried writing songs of different genre but failed.

Hope you guys enjoy this song and I will upload other songs in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Custom Search