Monday, January 12, 2009

King Edward VII Hallplay

King Edward VII Hallplay 08/09 Steering Committee

Sorry for not blogging for the past few days. I was busy with a play by the hall (hostel) which I am currently staying which is King Edward VII Hall.

I signed up to be a part of this major event in King Edward VII Hall. To try something different, instead of signing up as cast (because I have experience in doing dramas), I decided to sign up for stage crew. To my surprise, I was appointed as the Assistant Stage Manager. My role as an Assistant Stage Manager is to call cues, assign stage crews to their respective props and the props movement, besides having meetings with the main committees of this play.

Last week was an intensive practice for Hallplay. We had dry runs and trainings everyday. It was fun but I can feel the pressure and stress emerging in me as well. Anyway, everything works fine.

The title of this year's Hallplay is Pygmalion. The play is about a poor flower girl, Eliza Doolittle, who sells flowers by the street, speaks rudely and do not know how to carry herself appropriately. But then one day a professor by the name of Higgins spotted her and made a bet with an Englishman name Pickering that he (Higgins) is able to transform Eliza to a Duchess in 6 months.

This play is interesting and funny. The stage props are well done and looks great. I am going to upload the pictures next time. Anyway, below is the picture of the stage crew.


For your information :

KEVII Hall Play - Pygmalion
Date: 30th & 31st January 2009 (Friday & Saturday)
Time: 7.30PM
Venue: University Cultural Centre (UCC) Theatre, NUS
Ticket Price: S$15 (free seating)
Facebook Event:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=43015272953&ref=nf

If any of you are interested to attend this event please contact me at my email leechunkeat@yahoo.com or call me at 82654269 (Singapore Number). - Only applicable to those in Singapore of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Custom Search